Thought we should have another short post on the new playBOOKs. First, without much publicity and certainly no big roll out, this became a hot product virtually overnight. We had to hold off on the “announcement stuff” because we had more orders than we were prepared for. Fast forward a month or two and we are ready! Play books are moving right along and getting more and more popular every day!
That brings me to a few comments that I want to share:
1. Delivery time. Most playBOOKs will have a 1 week turn around! Photo Wrap covers can add two to three days to the production time due to it’s special protective lamination process. Although the printer produces an instant dry print, that doesn’t mean it’s really dry. We find waiting a day before laminating produces better results. It’s kinda like nail polish: feels dry to the touch, but a pattern can show up later. Better to wait and make sure you receive the best product we can deliver.
2. Unlike most books on the market, we do not use standard, pre-made covers. Finao still makes each cover with a custom fit for each book. Only 1mm difference sometimes, but that cover will be a perfect match for that album. No covers are made until the block is complete and measured. Time, my friends, time.
3. We offer photo covers at the same price as our many fabric covers. The fabrics are more expensive to purchase, have some yield issues and require us to hold inventory. BUT, they are better, and we’ve decided to offer them all at the same low price we offer the photo wrap cover. Many of the materials we use come from outside the book binding industry and go through some serious wear testing. They will last. They can take a bit of abuse. And in 10 years your client will have an album that looks as new as the day they received it. Finao likes it that way.
4. Offering fabric covers just might give you a competitive advantage. This is not something your client will find at an online album-creation site. They are unique to you. The choices are fantastic and the price is all the same. That means they can select anything we offer and you know you will always pay one low price. Hint, hint, we have 10 new materials almost ready to go. The last ones just arrived so we will be working on a new swatch card. Watch this space, it’s coming soon!
5. The Paraphernalia Collection is now part of the Non-Leather swatch kit and playBOOKs can be ordered in these deluxe fabrics at NO ADDITION COST. Try any of these HOT fabrics for an extreme sexy look on your boudoir books.
6. Try a different size. The 10×4 is a real hit at shows and if photographers like it that much, well, we figure the client will like it even more. 12×8 and 9×6 are other great size options. Again, you’re giving yourself a competitive advantage by offering something they can’t get elsewhere.
7. Think portraits. Yes, playBOOKS are a great low cost option for parent albums. However, they are an even better option for portrait sessions. Lots of great images translate into client “wants” and playBOOKs are the perfect answer. Low cost books combined with simple designs just means added profits for your business.
So don’t mess around deciding to make albums an integral part of your product line. playBOOK around! A little play can make for happy clients and happy wallets!
PS: Take a look at the pics here for a sneak peek at a few of our upcoming material options! And don’t forget about the playBOOK’s little brother playPAL that is available with the purchase of Finao ONE and artONE flush mount albums!
One thought on “Putting more PLAY in your day…”